Retirement is an opportunity to redefine lifestyle expectations, and more and more that is happening in the Texas Hill Country. With scenic surroundings, great access to recreation, culture, and healthcare, and master-planned communities like Vintage Oaks, it’s no wonder retirees are flocking to this spectacular area. Here are 7 important facts about Texas Hill Country real estate for retirees:
1. Vintage Oaks is the fastest-growing community in the Texas Hill Country. Vintage Oaks was also recently nominated for the Austin Business Journal's Residential Real Estate Awards in the Builder & Master Planned Community category. Located right on Texas Wine Trail, Vintage Oaks is home to beautiful neighborhoods, exceptional resort-style amenities, and some of the most stunning scenery in the state. This community embraces a wide range of buyers and retirees are increasingly finding that everything they want is right here.
2. The Texas Hill Country offers unmatched lifestyle opportunities for active living, entertainment, and culture. New Braunfels, home to Vintage Oaks, is also home to great cultural and recreational activities including all the charm of Gruene and lake activities. There are also great restaurants, shops and fine arts venues that host musical performances and special events throughout the year. Vintage Oaks’ location along the Texas Wine Trail also gives retirees great access to local wineries.
3. Master-planned amenities give retirees a reason to stick close to home. Vintage Oaks was planned for active living, with a Tuscan Clubhouse, an Olympic size pool, a lazy river, and even a kids pool for when the grandkids visit. There are also numerous sports fields and scenic trails that wind through the breathtaking Hill Country landscape.
4. A variety of homesites and new homes give retirees incredible options. Vintage Oaks continues to release new homesites and introduce new offerings to meet buyer demand. The community’s newest offerings include:
- The Canyons is the newest neighborhood in Vintage Oaks featuring high elevations and long views, privacy and greenbelt surround.
- Silver Oaks is a new neighborhood of spectacular 1- to 2.42-acre properties featuring some of the most breathtaking views of the Hill Country’s rolling terrain and majestic oak trees. Offering wooded, cul-de-sac, and view homesites overlooking the Hill Country landscape and dotted with hundred-year-old oak trees. Silver Oaks is within walking distance to many of Vintage Oaks’ amenities, including the Clubhouse, swimming pools, athletic fields and walking trails.
- Champagne Hills is Vintage Oaks’ first gated community in more than two years, offering some of the most spectacular Hill Country views and an air of privacy that is hard to find. The homesites also offer huge oak trees, heavily wooded landscapes, private cul-de-sac sites and green belt locations with direct access to the community’s walking trails.
- The Reserve offers a unique opportunity for homebuyers to call Vintage Oaks home in a whole new way, with all the best of Vintage Oaks living even sooner. The community’s first home-lot packages introduce spacious, family-friendly home plans from two of the nations’ most respected builders Ryland Homes or David Weekley Homes.
- Vineyard Ranch is the perfect option for retirees seeking even more land and privacy. Ideal for horses and privacy, Vineyard Ranch offers 5-14 acre homesites while still providing access to the community amenities within Vintage Oaks.
5. There are opportunities to continue working. A Census Bureau report found that 16 percent of working Americans were over the age of 65 in 2010. That’s up four percent since 1990. Austin, within easy reach of the Texas Hill Country, was named one of the U.S. cities that is most friendly to retirees planning to work past the age of 65.
6. Texas is retiree friendly. The state rates so high for retirement for a number of reasons:
- The top economy in the nation several years running
- Lack of state taxes
- Great affordability and desirability
- Some of the most scenic spots in the world
- A range of activities for recreation and relaxation
- Accessibility to health care
- Overall cost of living including real estate prices and land prices
For more information on Vintage Oaks, visit Vintage Oaks or click below to download the Hill Country Retirement Guide!