The job market has taken a dip in the past few years, but things are starting to look up in many Texas cities, including San Antonio and Austin.
San Antonio is a growing marketplace with a bright economic future. According to the Economic Development Department, San Antonio is one of the nation’s fastest growing regions in Texas thanks to the diverse industries the city attracts.
Austin is also experiencing job growth. The city was named among Newsweek’s 10 Cities Best Situated for Economic Recovery due to the spirit of entrepreneurism, and its "Silicon Hills" attracts new high-tech companies every year. Better yet, Austin was also deemed one of the most affordable cities to live in.
This is also great news for surrounding communities like New Braunfels and Gruene, where residents prefer to avoid the bustling city life, and instead make their daily commute home to the beautiful, quiet Texas Hill Country.
Here are some top companies currently hiring in San Antonio and Austin:
Companies Hiring in San Antonio
- Petco – California-based Petco Animal Supplies Inc. will expand its headquarters to San Antonio next year, adding about 400 corporate jobs within three years.
- Allstate - Allstate agency owners in Texas have teamed up with Kelly Services Inc. to hire at least 155 licensed sales producers by the end of this year, including 25 in San Antonio.
- AT&T – AT&T is currently hiring for 8 different positions. Positions range from Intern to Network Planning Engineer.
Companies Hiring in Austin
- SunPower – SunPower is bringing 450 jobs to Austin. The company is opening a new U.S. operations center, bringing 450 jobs and an estimated $10 million in capital investment into the Central Texas economy.
- AT&T – AT&T is currently hiring for 10 different positions. Positions range from Retail Sales Consultant to Senior Product Development Manager.