The New Braunfels City Council chose Landa Plaza as the new site for a $15.6 million Community Recreation Center. Herald-Zeitung reported that there were more than half a dozen sites under consideration. The Center is expected to bring many more activities to the area and have 55,500 square feet of amenities like an indoor pool, track sport courts and an exercise center.
You'll have to wait until 2017 for the new facility to open, so until then enjoy all that Vintage Oaks and New Braunfels has to offer.
5 Things to do while you wait for the Opening of New Braunfels Recreation Center
1. Visit the Texas Wine Trail - Wine Enthusiast Magazine named the Trail a "10 Best Wine Travel Destinations 2014"
2. Shop the New Braunfels Town Center at Creekside - The center is home to big name brands and is located in the middle of all the action, close to Schlitterbahn, the Comal and Guadalupe rivers
3. Explore Fischer Park - 62 acres of hiking and biking trails, playgrounds, a splash pad, fishing ponds and more. Scheduled to open October 2014.
4. Catch a concert at the Whitewater Amphitheater - The upcoming shows include acts like Josh Abbott Band, Spazmatics and Randy Rogers Band
5. Tour the available properties at Vintage Oaks - Named the "fastest growing community in the Hill Country", Vintage Oaks recently announced the opening of The Reserve, offering homes from David Weekley Homes and Ryland Homes.