Many factors contribute to the decision of where to retire. The right location is key, whether that means close to friends and family, in an area with opportunities for post-retirement employment, in a scenic spot you’ve always admired—or all of the above. But, ultimately, if it’s not within budget, nothing else matters. Is the Hill Country affordable for retirement? It is, beautifully.
The Hill Country is a Texas retirement dream for so many reasons, and the fact that it can be achieved affordably is often a surprising fact for those looking to move here.
Fredericksburg in the Hill Country was named one of Forbes' Top 25 Retirement Cities for 2014, as was Austin, just outside of the area. Both are conveniently close to Vintage Oaks, the fastest-growing master-planned community in the Hill Country and increasingly a retiree favorite.
Forbes considered several factors to comprise their list, and, not surprisingly, budget considerations ranked highly. The overall cost of living including real estate prices and tax climates for retirees was a top factor, along with unemployment rates, access to health care, and active living opportunities. With no state taxes and the nation’s top economy several years running, Texas offers a prime environment for retirees, who are increasingly discovering all they can have in Hill Country masterplans like Vintage Oaks.
Vintage Oaks offers top value and unmatched lifestyle opportunities for active living, entertainment, and culture along with the master-planned excellence of SouthStar Communities. Located right on Texas Wine Trail, Vintage Oaks is home to beautiful neighborhoods, home-lot packages, exceptional resort-style amenities, and some of the most stunning scenery in the state—and it all easily fits within a retiree budget.
A variety of homesites and offerings meet buyer demand including:
- The Canyons is the newest neighborhood in Vintage Oaks featuring high elevations and long views, surrounded by privacy and greenbelts.
- Silver Oaks is a new neighborhood of spectacular 1- to 2.42-acre properties featuring some of the most breathtaking views of the Hill Country’s rolling terrain and majestic oak trees. Offering wooded, cul-de-sac, and view homesites overlooking the Hill Country landscape and dotted with hundred-year-old oak trees. Silver Oaks is within walking distance to many of Vintage Oaks’ amenities, including the Clubhouse, swimming pools, athletic fields and walking trails.
- Champagne Hills is Vintage Oaks’ first gated community in more than two years, offering some of the most spectacular Hill Country views and an air of privacy that is hard to find. The homesites also offer huge oak trees, heavily wooded landscapes, private cul-de-sac sites and green belt locations with direct access to the community’s walking trails.
- The Reserve offers a unique opportunity for homebuyers to call Vintage Oaks home in a whole new way, with all the best of Vintage Oaks living even sooner. The community’s first home-lot packages introduce spacious, family-friendly home plans from two of the nations’ most respected builders Ryland Homes or David Weekley Homes.
- Vineyard Ranch is the perfect option for retirees seeking even more land. Ideal for horses and privacy, Vineyard Ranch offers 5-14 acre homesites while still providing access to the community amenities within Vintage Oaks.
For more information on Vintage Oaks, visit Vintage Oaks or click below to download the Hill Country Retirement Guide!