Vintage Oaks offers three special Texas Housing programs to Texas Veterans: The Land Program, The Housing Assistance Program & The Home Improvement Program. Texas veterans can use all three Texas loan programs at one time!
An applicant must have:
- Served no fewer than 90 cumulative days on active duty or active duty training.
- Served after September 16, 1940.
- Not been dishonorably discharged.
- Listed Texas as the home of record at the time of entry into the military OR must have been a legal resident of Texas for at least twelve consecutive months immediately prior to filing an application OR be on active military duty, stationed in Texas, and have changed his/her state of legal residency to Texas. The applicant must also be a bona fide resident of Texas at the time the application is made
- Successfully repaid any previous Texas Veterans Land Board (VLB) loan.
How the Land Program Works
The Texas Veterans Land Board (VLB) will finance the tract of land in which you are interested. It takes approximately 60 days to close a loan, provided all necessary documentation is submitted timely and there are no unusual situations associated with the purchase. The property must be at least one acre, completely within the state of Texas and have legal, usable access to a public road
The TVLB will finance the LEAST of the following options:
- $80,000, or
- 95% of the final agreed purchase price, or
- 95% of the appraised value of the land.
You must have at least a five percent down payment invested as cash equity in the property.
For more details, attend our upcoming Texas Veterans event at Vintage Oaks at the Vineyard on Saturday, September 25 anytime from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. or visit http://www.texasveterans.com.