Are you interested in moving to the Texas Hill Country? We can speak from first-hand experience that we're lucky to be residents of one of the most beautiful places in the country. The Texas Hill Country is home to wide open spaces, spectacular views and plentiful vineyards, and our master-planned community, Vintage Oaks, is located in the heart of the Texas Hill Country in the city of New Braunfels. Ready to start looking for your dream home? See these five tips you need to know before moving to the Texas Hill Country:
1. Secure a Texas Drivers License – If you are moving from out of state, you have 90 days to register for a Texas driver’s license. Visit the Comal County Department of Public Safety office to turn in your out-of-state license and receive your official Texas license.
2. Prepare your Pets – When moving, don’t forget to plan ahead for your pets. All cats and dogs that are three months of age and older must be registered with the Humane Society of New Braunfels. All pets should also be current on their rabies vaccinations, and it is recommended that dogs begin a heartworm preventative regimen, as mosquitoes are often present during warmer months.
3. Register to Vote – With 2012 being an election year, remember to register to vote in your new county. To register, fill out an application from the Secretary of State Elections Division website, visit the Voter Registration Office or pick up a form at City Hall.
4. Brush up on your German – New Braunfels is rich with German heritage and is home to events like Wassailfest, a festival that celebrates the holiday season, and to Gruene Historical District, a preserved village that features restaurants, shopping and a dance hall.
5. Pack Your Outdoors Gear – The Texas Hill Country is home to a number of outdoor activities including hiking, biking and horseback riding. Tubing and fishing on the Guadalupe River are also some of New Braunfels’ residents’ favorite traditions. Don’t forget the sunscreen!
We would love to welcome you to the Texas Hill Country! Visit www.vintageoakstexas.com to start planning your move today.