There is never a shortage of fun things to do in the Hill Country, but two upcoming events are worth getting extra excited about. Read on for details about these two Hill Country events in October you won’t want to miss.
Hill Country events in October wouldn't be complete without Texas Wine Month, when the 36 Texas wineries join together for tastings, tours and discounts on Hill Country wines. Plus, $5 from each ticket sold for Texas Wine Month trail tours is being donated to Susan G Komen for the Cure in support of Breast Cancer Awareness month in October.
The Texas Wine Month Kick-off Tasting is the “official” start to Texas Wine Month in October, but tours are available October 1–31.
Texas Wine Month Kick-off Tasting, Friday, October 4
- Fiesta Winery in Lometa along with Alamosa Wine Cellars, Pillar Bluff Vineyards, Texas Legato and Wedding Oak
- WineryTickets include 10 tastes, wine glass and light appetizers
This month, be sure to check out Dry Comal Creek Winery for their unique, award-winning Black Spanish wine. Then, head directly across the street to Vintage Oaks to see how you can live beautifully right on the Texas Wine Trail in the Hill Country’s premier master-planned community.
The Gruene Music & Wine Festival features four exciting Hill Country events in October starting October 10. It’s a long weekend filled with food, fun, and lots of Texas wine tastings, plus great Texas music.
Kick-off event, Thursday, October 10
- Wine tastings of 30 New World & German wines
- Live jazz music
- The Mavericks at Gruene Hall
“Rockin’ With Texas Wine and Food,” Friday, October 11
- Catered by the Gristmill Restaurant
- Wine tasting with features wineries
- Silent auction
- Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell at Gruene Hall
Texas Tastings and Tunes, Saturday, October 12
- Wine tastings from 30+ different wineries
- Texas specialty foods and some of the best Texas food trucks
- Live music on two stages
- Los Lonely Boys at Gruene Hall
Texas Style Music Fest, Sunday, October 13
- Gospel brunch
- Beer and tasting
- Food trucks
- Featured barbecue vendors
- Eight hours of Texas music at Gruene Hall from 2 to 10 p.m.
Spend some time in Gruene and you are sure to fall in love with the area. So make sure to set aside some time to tour Vintage Oaks and its new neighborhoods, Champagne Hills and Silver Oaks. Located just minutes from Gruene right on the Texas Wine Trail, Vintage Oaks is the Texas Hill Country's favorite community and the best reason yet to come to the Hill Country and never leave. For more information, visit Vintage Oaks.