Are you a veteran looking to buy land in Texas? You picked a great place. Texas real estate represents some of the most desirable land buying opportunities in the nation, and Texas is repeatedly noted for its great land values. A special loan offered by the Texas Veterans Land Board (VLB) can make land ownership uniquely affordable for Texas veterans. Read on to learn what is required for a Texas Veteran Land Loan.
- Is only for properties in the state of Texas
- Requires a minimum down payment of just 5%. The 5% down payment is the lowest down payment available in the state of Texas for a land loan
- Is available for land purchases of at least one acre
- Caps the maximum land value at $100,000
- Offers loan terms that are 30-year, fixed-rate
- Is only available to “bona fide” residents of Texas who have served in any of the United States’ five military branches: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, or National Guard
- Also includes special discounts that are offered to disabled veterans and unmarried surviving spouses
For more information about the VLB program, visit Vintage Oaks. The veteran-friendly community of Vintage Oaks offers homes and homesites ideal for Texas veterans. The master-planned community is the fastest-growing community in the Texas Hill Country and is convenient to the San Antonio Military Medical Center, the VA Clinic in New Braunfels and Randolph AFB.
Vintage Oaks is home to a number of retired military, veterans and wounded warriors including Army Specialist Cody Nusbaum, recipient of a homesite and mortgage-free home in partnership with Operation FINALLY Home (OFH) and American hero and celebrity J.R. Martinez, who recently purchased a double lot at Vintage Oaks with the intention of building his dream home.