The Texas Hill Country is filled with beautiful things to see and great things to do. And while the area is often noted for its year-round events and activities, there are just as many serene spots that promote relaxation. Here are 7 Relaxing Things to do in the Texas Hill Country:
1. Take a walk among some of the most beautiful scenery around. It just doesn’t get any better than cresting one of the verdant hillsides and enjoying a panoramic view of the mountains and trees.
2. Float the river. The Hill Country—New Braunfels in particular—has some of the best spots in the nation. The very spot where "floating the Guad" was invented, New Braunfels offers excellent access to Texas' famed Guadalupe River,” said About.com. “Float tubing, kayaking, swimming and fishing are just a few of the recreational opportunities available on this stretch of the Guadalupe.
3. Have a picnic in Landa Park. When you get tired of picnicking, check out the park’s miniature golf, train, or spring fed pool.
4. Climb the Enchanted Rock in Fredericksburg. Get more details about this favorite destination of visitors and locals alike on the state site or check out some of the reviews (“Great views from the top;” “It was a fantastic experience;” “What a wonderful way to spend the day outside surrounded by natural beauty and family”) on Trip advisor.
5. Go wine tasting at one of the wonderful wineries along the Texas Wine Trail (be sure to stop into Dry Comal Creek Winery to taste their famed Black Spanish Wine). Take a look at more Texas wineries here.
6. Explore the unique history and quaint shops of Gruene. “Visitors from far and near, love the town of Gruene so much that they keep coming back every chance they get,” said Touring Texas. “No matter what your desires are, you are only moments away from shopping, eating, wine tasting, tubing, dancing, and lodging in just about any direction.”
7. Take a drive along meandering roads and take in the stunning views. Trails.com has a great list of “scenic drives in Texas.”
When you start imagining yourself living there, head over to Vintage Oaks and take a tour of the incredible land and home-lot offerings that have made this SouthStar Communities masterplan the fastest-growing community in the Texas Hill Country.
For more information, visit Vintage Oaks and download your Guide to Living and Retiring in the Texas Hill Country.