Southern Living compiled a list of the best holiday spots around San Antonio, Texas.
1. Best mug o' cheer: Wash down a lamb burger and sweet potato fries with a County Jail Pale Ale at Pecan St. Brewing in Johnson City. pecanstreetbrewing.com
2. Best Friday night lights: Johnson City and Pedernales Electric cloak themselves in more than a million bulbs. Carriage rides from the Blue Bonnet Carriage Co. add to the fun. bluebonnetcarriage.com
3. Best cookie stop: See why The Cookie Lady has a cult following. Get made-from-scratch Christmas cookies for your holiday party. thecookieladysanantonio.com
4. Best stocking stuffers: Whole Earth Provision Co. is filled with nature oriented gifts, shoes, clothing, outdoor gear, accessories and books. wholeearthprovision.com. Visit the awesome boutique Red. redinfred.com.
5. Best long winter's nap: Settlers Crossing features seven historic guest houses, massive oak trees...and pet donkeys. Rooms from $125. settlerscrossing.com
6. Best comfort food: The charming town of Comfort is festive and garland-strewn this month. Take a shopping break at High's Cafe & Store. highscafeandstore.com
7. Best cowboy treasures: In historic downtown Boerne, don't miss The Green Bull jewelry store thegreenbull.com and Billy's Western Wear. billyswesternwear.com.
8. Best elixir: The Esquire Tavern's balcony overlooks San Antonio's dazzling River Walk lights. Try the Mas Chignoni cocktail. esquiretavern-sa.com
9. Best spot for sugar plum sueños: At the Cuban-inspired Hotel Havana, every room is unique. Use code SLREADER for a 20% discount Sunday through Thursday. Rooms from $135. havanasanantonio.com
10. Best spot for building a home in the Texas Hill Country: Located down the road from San Antonio, Vintage Oaks has 1-14 acre homesites where you can build the home of your dreams!
What are your family’s favorite holiday activities? Do you take a carriage ride or make gingerbread houses?