The Comal County Fair is just days away, and that means it’s almost time to gear up for a whole world of Hill Country entertainment and activities during one of the favorite New Braunfels family fun events. The 124th annual fair looks to be the best yet, with “five full days of bull riding, chili cooking, carnival rides, exhibits, competitions, kids’ activities and more,” said the City of New Braunfels . The 2017 fair takes place from September 26 to October 1 at the Comal County Fairgrounds.
The Comal County Fair is the largest County Fair in all of Central Texas, and it’s got a Texas-sized calendar of events and activities headed by some great live music. The Bellamy Brothers, the Jeremy Richards Band, the George Straight Tribute Band, and Glen Templeton & Gary Glenn and The 20 X Band are just a few of the popular musical acts that will be performing at the fair.
This fun family event offers several opportunities to get the kids involved. Don’t be surprised if they want to stay in the D&D Kid Zone, an area “focused on educational experience and opportunities to allow the kids who come into this area to learn all about agriculture,” according to the Fair. The D&D Kid Zone includes:
- Roping dummies with lassos
- Corn Pits
- Texas AgriLife animal crafts, Smoothie Bike
- Farm Bureau educational trailer
- Healthy activities for kids and families
- Skulls and Skills Exhibit from the Master Naturalist
Other can’t-miss events during the fair include:
- The popular Fair Parade
- Fair Queen contest
- An antique farm show
- The favorite Baby Barnyard
- The HEB Farmer’s Market
- Contests in a variety of cooking disciplines, including baking, salsa, and home brewing
- The festive carnival
- Shoebox floats
- Papa Murphy’s fun (and filling) Pizza Eating Contest
- Pet parade with a prize for the best overall entry
- The PRCA Rodeo
- The kiddie tractor pull
- Awards for agriculture and canning
- Competitive pig races
- A master garden with tips on best landscaping practices in the Hill Country
- Crafting, knitting, and sewing awards
For more information about New Braunfels family fun events, visit Vintage Oaks. Vintage Oaks has been the fastest-growing community in the San Antonio area for the past four years, thanks to a variety of homes and land for sale, an ideal Hill Country location, and wonderful resort-style amenities. An array of custom and semi-custom homes are offered and homesites in the community range from 1 to 14 acres in gated and non-gated neighborhoods. Vintage Oaks’ famed amenities include a Tuscan clubhouse, multiple pools, trails and parks, and ball fields.
You can also request floorplans and pricing for Vintage Oaks' newest neighborhood of low-maintenance homes, The Grove, below.