Already home to beautiful green space, sparkling lakes, scenic beauty, and recreational wonder, New Braunfels greatly expanded its potential for outdoor enjoyment with the opening of the brand-new Fischer Park this summer.
Now the largest park in the city at 62 acres (Landa Park previously held the title, at 51 acres), the hilltop Fischer Park was designed as a haven of relaxation and recreation for visitors.
The park offers:
- Hiking and biking trails—Trails wind through the park, offering opportunities for recreation with a view.
- Fishing ponds—The park’s two ponds are designated as Texas Parks and Wildlife Community Fishing Lakes and are stocked with channel catfish.
- Playgrounds and pavilions—Great spaces for kids to run and play
- A sprayground—The large splashpad with interactive water toys will keep kids cool and engaged.
- A Nature Education Center—This fun and educational amenity offers an array of programs and events.
- Picnic facilities—Covered areas provide shelter and can also be reserved or rented. Information about rental rates and procedures can be found here.
- An outdoor amphitheater—This are is also rentable for special events.
- Hill Country views—The park’s hilltop location makes it the ideal spot to take in the beautiful vistas.
- An archaeology dig—Kids can dig in the sand and uncover fossils.
- A Monarch Waystation—This unique feature provides larval and nectar sources for the Monarch butterfly; these butterflies are in decline, and waystations give them a habitat area they can visit while migrating to Mexico.
Fischer Park is located at the corner of County Line Road and Old McQueeny Road in the growing city of New Braunfels, a short distance from Vintage Oaks, the fastest-growing community in the Texas Hill Country.
Vintage Oaks offers an ideal location between Austin and San Antonio on the Texas Wine Trail, a variety of desirable land and home options, breathtaking Hill Country views, and resort-style amenities including multiple pools, alazy river, numerous ball fields, and a Tuscan-style clubhouse. For more information, visit Vintage Oaks or click below to learn more about our family-friendly amenities.